Greece (Hellas) or officially the Hellenic Republic is a country in southeastern Europe, situated on the southern end of the Balkan Peninsula.
It has land borders with Turkey, Bulgaria, Republic of Macedonia and Albania. The Aegean Sea lies to the east of mainland Greece, the Mediterranean Sea to the south and the Ionian Sea to the west.
The country consists of a mountainous, peninsular mainland, the Peloponnesus peninsula and many Greek islands, including Crete, Euboea, Lesbos...
The Hellenic Republic is among the top 20 most popular travel destinations in the world.
The country is famous with its unforgettable landscapes, lovely islands and its natural beauty, also with its ancient civilization, culture and history and well-developed tourism.
In the last years it has been visited by millions of tourist, most of which have remained highly impressed by its travel attractions.
The best places to visit in our opinion are:
* Athens - the capital (visit especially the Acropolis);
* Santorini island (our choice for the best place to go);
* Rhodes island;
* Mykonos island
* Crete island and its capital Heraklion;
* Zakynthos island;
* Thessaloniki - the second biggest city;
* Halkidiki peninsula;
* Corfu island;
* Meteora Kalambaka and its monasteries. Here you will find tips and useful information about travelling to Greece and how to go to the Greek Islands.